Welcome back for what is sure to be an exciting 2017 – 2018 school year! I am privileged to have the opportunity to serve our students, community and faculty for the upcoming school year at Theodore Roosevelt Middle School. If we work together as a school, community, and parents, our children will succeed academically and our School Performance Score will consistently improve.
The purpose of this memo is to invite all of our parents and students to Roosevelt’s Student Orientation on Tuesday, August 8, 2017 from 5:00 – 7:30 p.m. The purpose of the orientation is as follows:
- Students take picture ID’s (No Charge: Students please wear your school uniform shirt if possible.)
- Students pick up class schedules
- Students purchase physical education uniforms (Shirt & Shorts $20)
- Students may purchase Roosevelt paraphernalia (Sweat shirts $20, T-shirts $10)
- Students may purchase 2016-2017 yearbooks ($15)
- Students may pay any other fees related to participation in activities (Band, Athletic Medical Exams, Science Lab fees, 2017-2018 Yearbook, etc.)
- Parents update demographic information
- Parents complete any outstanding required forms
The school supply list is now located on-line at www.roosevelt.jpschools.org and in the Walmart store in Kenner on Veterans Blvd. You may also stop by Roosevelt to pick up the supply list. The faculty and staff of Roosevelt are looking forward to meeting you at the orientation. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call the school at (504) 443-1361.
Eric C. Greely Sr.